15 Ways to Keep Skin Hydrated
Hydration is key to healthy skin.
Drinking water is always good, but there are other ways to hydrate skin as well.
1. Keep drinking that water but add hydrating herbs and veggies like mint and cucumber
2. Include fiber rich vegetables in your diet
3. Drink tea, it’s another way to drink your water
4. Seal moisture into your skin using an occlusive (DJS serums are occlusives 😊)
5. Use a humidifier at night to reduce trans epidermal water loss due to dry heat
6. Avoid long hot showers, they strip the skin of its natural oil that keeps it hydrated
7. Always use sunscreen all year long
8. Exfoliating will help occlusive products lock moisture in
9. Avoid allergens and irritants
10. Consume Omega-3 fatty acids
11. Stay away from coffee, alcohol and sugar
12. Swap out your cotton pillowcase, it sucks the moisture right out of your skin. Choose silk instead.
13. Consume high quality protein
14. Add nuts and beans into salads for high quality Omega-3’s
15. Read ingredient lists and ditch the toxins that dry out your skin