It’s winter and all the things we do for ourselves, to keep ourselves warm, isn’t doing anything good for our skin.
Here are my 5 tips for taking care of your skin this winter
1. Turn the heat down - Having the heat on when we get into the house and car, this is a dry heat. Dry heat pulls moisture out of the skin.
2. Exfoliate - Layers of clothes can cause friction that creates buildup of dead skin that flakes, and exfoliating will keep them from clogging pores.
3. Don’t lick your lips - Lips dry out, they crack, are painful and can bleed and licking them can make this worse so use an all-natural lip balm and make sure it doesn’t have petroleum
4. Weekly facials - Wearing a hat causes friction on the forehead causing dead skin to build up, if you sweat it can clog pores so exfoliating twice a week and doing weekly nourishing facials will keep skin in tip-top shape
5. USE SUNSCREEN!!! – Just because its winter doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be using your sunscreen. The sun may not be as strong, but it can bounce off snow and ice and cause a sunburn.
Always take care of that beautiful skin!