We “diet” for many different reasons – for that special occasion, that dress, that bathing suit, that vacation, that (fill in the blank), but my friends, I’m here to tell you diets don’t work for a number of different reasons.
1. There is no “one-size-fits-all” – you are unique, what works for your friends or anyone else for that matter, doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you
You have your own genetics
You have your own past
You have your own health issues and goals
2. Having to fit “diet” things into your life is difficult
Eating a certain times (life happens)
Weighing food (who has time for that)
Not liking some of the foods on a diet
They are extremely strict
Sometimes you have questions – diet gurus are not going to answer them
3. Diets don’t teach you how to eat for the long term, they are a short-term fix
4. Once you end the diet you will go back to the way you were eating (research shows if you lost weight, you will gain it back, plus 3-5 pounds)
5. Counting points doesn’t teach you how to eat food that will support and nourish your body.
6. Counting calories doesn’t teach you how to eat to nourish your body in a way that will keep you healthy and thriving.
7. There are no quick fixes - that 30 days to lose 10 pounds is doing more harm than good. Slow and steady will always win the race.
8. The goal of whatever diet your friend is on may not align with your goals.
9. Diets usually come with ridiculous exercise regimens that will do more harm than good.
10. Many “diets” are designed for you to keep coming back.
What will work?
1. Eating in a way that supports YOUR body, health, genetics, etc.
2. Finding a way of eating that fits into your life in as underwhelming a way as possible.
3. Not counting points or calories but learning how to support and nourish YOUR body.
4. Small lifestyle changes that fit into your life.
5. Learning how to eat for the long term to always fit into that dress, bathing suit and feeling good too!
6. Working toward YOUR healthy goals, not someone elses.
7. Moving your body in ways that feels good to you.
8. Knowing how to eat daily so that you can indulge when you want to.
9. Eating what you want to, not what you have to.
10. Having someone in your corner to work with you to figure it all out.
I’d love to be that person for you. Schedule a free consultation so we can see how we can work together toward YOUR goals and fitting healthy foods and movement into your life in as underwhelming way as possible. https://calendly.com/donnajskincare/let-s-connect